John and Susan – Translating the Bible in South Central Asia.
UPDATE: APRIL 2021
I heard last night before we began checking that because of Covid the entire Kathmandu valley will be in complete lock down for two weeks beginning today. Since the team will not be able to come together in their office, they do not have to travel in the morning, so they asked if we could start work at 6:00 AM their time. (That is 7:15 PM in Dallas.) They are thinking that this will keep me from having to work so late into the night. That sounds good to me. The down side is that they will not be able to use the excellent internet connection that the office provides for them. They will have to rely on what each individual has through their various cell phone providers.
Thank you for praying. We are about 2/3 of the way through the Genesis text that they have translated. They are working on a condensed version of Genesis to give CHIP speakers some needed information about how God created the world, what is sin and how it came into the world, and how God began to choose a people who would trust him and follow him by faith like Abraham.
May the Lord bless you and fill you with His peace!
– continue checking portions of Genesis with the CHIP team in N;
– May 3: resume checking Psalms with the SAD team in I;
– coming up: helping the OLO team prepare the New Testament for printing;
– coming up: checking Ephesians with the AP and LOW teams in N;
– possibly in June/July: checking Joshua and Judges with the SAD team.